Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sweet Tomato Pasta












I like to learn. If money and a nagging guilty feeling didn’t create a necessary road block, I could very easily be one of those people who become a permanent student. Therefore, when I come in contact with something new that I like (be it a chemistry fact, music, or person), I become temporarily obsessive. I want to know all that there is to know about it/them [note to self: buy stock in Google]. I try to conceal this fact as best as possible from society (as intensity can freak people out), but it’s true nonetheless. So yes, I confess: my mind is full of trivial knowledge, that I probably locked myself in a room for a day or two to acquire, that means nothing to anyone save me. My latest “kick?”

Jamie Oliver

I’ve been cooking through his “Jamie’s Dinners” cookbook (the “Green One” for those of you who, like me, forget names of things and simple call them the “blue Weezer album” or the “pink Barefoot book”).

This is wonderful aaaaaaand easy:

1 Onion, chopped

3 Cloves Garlic, chopped and peeled

1 t. Dried Oregano

1 Crushed Red Chili

1 T. Butter

Olive Oil

½ lb. Ricotta Cheese

Handful fresh Basil

24oz Can (good) Plum Tomatoes

3 T. Balsamic Vinegar

1 t. Sugar

Salt/Pepper

½ lb. Pasta

Handful Parmesan Cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 400F. Place Ricotta in a small baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano, and red chili. Bake for 20 min. until firm. While the Ricotta is cooking, fry onions and garlic with the butter till cooked in a med size fry pan (about 4 min). Add tomatoes and cook for 15 min or so, breaking the tomatoes up with the back of a spoon. Add basil, vinegar, and sugar. Salt and pepper to taste. Meanwhile, bring enough water to a boil in a pot to cook pasta. Add salt to water and cook pasta according to package instructions. When cooked, add Parmesan, drained pasta, and crumble cooked Ricotta mix over. Enjoy the cheesy goodness.

**If you want to add a splash of red wine to the sauce and have some open (like I did last night), go ahead.



No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online